Do you associate an open heart with a lack of boundaries and protection? Do you believe that being open hearted makes you vulnerable?
Most of us guard our heart more closely than we guard our wallets. We hide from and avoid people, situations and things that may hurt us. We shield ourselves from experiences that might impact us in a negative way. But what if we could experience open hearted joy with wild abandon while still holding healthy energetic boundaries? It is possible and this is what I call being an Open Hearted Warrior (OHW).
- An OHW understands that sometimes we must make a tough decision and hold the line with people but the OHW does it from a place of loving compassion, first for themselves and then for others.
- An OHW loves fiercely but can also stand in battle against the forces (both internal and external) that would do them harm.
- An OHW looks deep within themselves and when presented with a decision they choose what makes their heart sing.
- An OHW practices gratitude for all things not just those things they perceive as "good" or "easy". They understand that as we move through our muck with an open heart we do so without attachment and that allows us to grow from every experience.
- An OHW experiences love and joy fully without apology. They live and love deeply from their heart, experiencing life, fully present in each moment.
- An OHW doesn't try to fix anyone else. They hold neutral space for the others when they are hurting, allowing others to heal in their own way without judgement.
- An OHW understands that the more they open the heart the more the universe expands to meet them halfway, to deliver them all their heart desires.
Holding an open heart doesn't have to make you vulnerable. As we open our heart we invite in a deeper connection to self and others, enabling true connection unlike anything we have ever experienced before. This is the way of the Open Hearted Warrior.